Westgate Tunnel Project Vic.
- Northern Portal – North Wall secant pile cages.
- Supply reo and transport for cages
- Transport pile cages to Melbourne to meet the project requirements.
- Develop new lifting and welding design to enable 4 bundled bar splices
Detail of works
Coastal were approached to supply prefab pile cages to the West gate tunnel project for Bauer/Wagstaff piling as local suppliers were having issues with the cages.
By closely working with our reo suppliers, schedulers and our preferred welding/lifting designer we came up with a totally new lifting design for pile cages. With this design, cages with 4 Bundled bars could be spliced and still be certified for lifting.
Westgate Tunnel Project (Precast)Vic.
- Prefab 1000+ TBM cages
- Design and build radial type jigs for TBM cages
- Change design for buildability
- 19 employees at peak production.
- Coordinate and Transport cages to Benella Pre-cast
- Design and certify specialised lifting beams for loading trucks.